Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Review : Dragonfly (Dragonfly #1) by Leigh Talbert Moore.



Anna Sanders expected an anonymous (and uneventful) senior year until she crossed paths with rich-and-sexy Jack Kyser and his twin sister Lucy. Pulling Anna into their extravagant lifestyle on the Gulf Coast, Lucy pushed Anna outside her comfort zone, and Jack showed her feelings she’d never experienced... Until he mysteriously withdrew.
Anna turned to her internship at the city paper and to her old attraction for Julian, a handsome local artist and rising star, for distraction. But both led to her discovery of a 
decades-old secret closely guarded by the twins’ distant, single father. 

A secret that could permanently change all their lives. 


(Goodreads)


My Thoughts: 

I won this book in a giveaway and was gifted 
an e-copy of this book by the author. Never having read any books by Leigh I wasn't sure what to expect. Also I like to go into the book knowing nothing so that I am always surprised by the plot. So I hadn't read the summary or any of the reviews posted on the internet. 

  The start is a bit common where Anna is all depressed because of her best friend parting her and now she is all friendless and alone when two new faces enter, Jack and Lucy (Twin Brother and Sister). Anna is totally enamored by Jack from the moment she sees him. Then she hears some scandalous rumors about Lucy in from her classmate and kind of a friend Rachel, when Lucy decides to invite Anna at her home. Enter Julian. Long-time crushed on from afar, 

incorrigible flirt, and local artist. 
  
 So before I go ahead and spoil the book I'd like to stop! So basically the start was slow but the book progresses from there. I would have quit the book if I hadn't been intrigued by Julian. Anna is totally like any other teenager. Confused. I would be too if I had to decide between two swoon worthy boys. The plot revolves mostly around Anna, Jack, Lucy & Julian. And their parents. The mystery is what kept me reading. Although by the time I reached halfway through the book I guessed what the big secret is I still wanted to find out the reactions of the characters. 

  Anna was a bit annoying at times. I wanted to shake her hard and put some sense into her. I know people make mistakes but then learn from them too which Anna refused to do. I hate heroines who like lack self-respect and throw themselves on somebody they love. I hated Jack because of his hot and cold nature. Though he had his reasons for doing that. Lucy on the other hand was a likable character. I could see Anna and her friendship growing during the book. Although her attempt at attention was a bit too dramatic for my tastes. Julian was my favorite character in the whole book. He was by Anna's side whenever she needed him and was totally supportive. I know its very rude but he was the sole reason I read book one and will be reading book 2 because I am curious about what happens next with him!  


   I have to say, Leigh definitely knows how to keep the readers on the edge of the seat right until the end. And even then making the readers beg for more. Since book one ends on a slight cliff hanger I am thankful that I have book 2 (Undertow) as well. Thanks Leigh for giving a copy of this book to me !!


My Rating: 3 out of 5 Stars. ( I Liked it.)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, Shivani! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read Leigh's Truth Series and I have enjoyed her writing. Glad to see you liked it despite the heroine who lacked self-respect,Shivani.
    Lovely Review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Truth About Faking by this author and enjoyed it. Great review..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Rouge by Leigh and really liked it. I've heard great things about this one. Thanks for reviewing it.

    ReplyDelete